Mad Rouge Beauty isn’t just for kids? We get this question a lot from our friends, family, and especially from parents checking out the tables at Mad Rouge Kids parties coveting the array the shimmers, pigments, and tools. Crafting safe, nontoxic beauty products in your own custom colors isn’t just kids’ play. It’s a science and it’s mad fun for any age. And when you get to bust out the bubbly or spa it up with your favorite pressed juices with your best pals and experience learning something creative together, what could be better than that? Mad Rouge Beauty shows up with the materials and know-how to teach you how to formulate nontoxic beauty products where you mix your own color, select your own packaging, and even name your custom creation! Have a truly unique and engaging party for a special guest of honor, for a new ladies night, or just because you want to have some fun! So go ahead and play with lipstick!
Have you ever wondered how to make your own lipstick? Or how lipstick actually makes it into a tube? Our pals Adriana Senior (left) and Marysia D. Reeves (right) joined us for some cosmetic chemistry fun with lipstick. Check out the simplified steps and images (Claire Barrett Photography) below or better yet-book a Mad Rouge Lipstick Party!
1. MELT down the wax (nontoxic lipstick base).
2. MIX in color (natural and nontoxic pigment dyes and micas).
3. POUR your formula into a lipstick mold.
4. SCRAPE off the extra wax once it’s hardened and remove the top.
5. TUBE IT by sliding your selected lipstick tube over the lipstick and lift up.
6. MARVEL and PLAY- Yeah, you just made that! Enjoy your nontoxic, emollient new shade by YOU!
Want to make something other than lipstick? Try your hand at lip gloss, nail polish, eye shadow, or shimmer body gel. Visit our Mad Rouge Adults, Mad Rouge Kids, or Mad Rouge Private Events to find your perfect Mad Rouge party!